AVS Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by weetoots
I have a Panny TC-P54G10 it has Amazon, but I prefer to go with Netflix. Will it ever happen or should I just by: 1.) Roku, 2.) Blu-ray player or 3.) ???

Thanks
It is my understanding that the 09' models will not have Netflix added. There was an update that added Fox Sports and Twitter, but no Netflix. See link;

http://news.cnet.com/8301-17938_105-10455655-1.html

I too am in this boat with 2, 2009 sets and it really makes me pissed that they won't add it.

Forward going I think it is probably important to look at the television on picture quality alone and buy a net enabled device for those features.

·
Registered
22,119 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacksonmaha
Forward going I think it is probably important to look at the television on picture quality alone and buy a net enabled device for those features.
very wise decision...

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's my understanding that it was a DRM issue and a chip was added to the 2010 devices to allow Netflix to work per agreement. Could be wrong, but it's the only explanation I've heard that makes any sense.

·
Registered
362 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by lexicon59 /forum/post/19608760

It's my understanding that it was a DRM issue and a chip was added to the 2010 devices to allow Netflix to work per agreement. Could be wrong, but it's the only explanation I've heard that makes any sense.

Lexicon, you are correct. I researched this for my parents G15 set before deciding to buy them a Roku.

·
Registered
2,556 Posts
Anybody with more than the slightest interest in web apps has a media pc attached to his computer.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I bought a TC-P50G25 in Toronto yesterday (Dec.31/2010). I was told that it had Netflix but it doesn't seem to. As well Pandora is not available in Canada. Shouldn't a new TV be a 2010 with Netflix?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I have a VT25 "58" and it does not have netflix in viera cast. I also have DMP BDT350 bluray player netflix shows up in viera cast but does not work, It says (this device can not instantly stream from netflix in your area). I spoke with netflix they told me sometimes the products settings are set to U.S.A.. Because I live in Canada it should be set to Canada, I change the settings to Canada and now I do not have netflix in the viera cast menu. ANyone else have this issue?

·
Registered
810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Federal /forum/post/19793071

I have a VT25 "58" and it does not have netflix in viera cast. I also have DMP BDT350 bluray player netflix shows up in viera cast but does not work, It says (this device can not instantly stream from netflix in your area). I spoke with netflix they told me sometimes the products settings are set to U.S.A.. Because I live in Canada it should be set to Canada, I change the settings to Canada and now I do not have netflix in the viera cast menu. ANyone else have this issue?

I'm pretty sure that Netflix is not available on any Panasonic product sold in Canada. I have a P65VT25 and a BDT100 Blu-Ray and they both get Netflix (I'm in the USA). You could call Panasonic to confirm.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have been told Panasonic Canada does not offer netflix. The TV is the same as the USA model just the software updates. If it showed Netflix in your Vierra Cast menu it would be the same as Pandora - Not available in Canada.

Panasonic.ca has not mention of Netflix as part of the Vierra Cast options.

·
Registered
128 Posts
When I first setup my TV, I set the location to Canada(stupid move). A little while later I changed the location to US, and noticed waaaaay more apps such as Hulu+, Pandora, etc. Since I have unblock-us.com setup at my home, I am able to get Pandora to work, but the Netflix app still doesn't appear. Is there a way around this? Is it possible to load the Panasonic US firmware to get Netflix working?

WG

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.