Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I have been lurking around this forum for the last couple of weeks as I have been contemplating my possible purchase of the H31. After reading all the threads and seeing the great things everyone is saying, I decided to finally take the plunge. Well I ordered it this week and it should be here early next week, I CAN'T WAIT!!!! This will be my first projector and as a movie and vidoe game nut 100' will be a big change from 47'. So I just have one question and I sure hope someone can answer it.

I have an odd room where the projector will be located and it is temporary as I hope to move to a new house early next year, so I don't want to have to ceiling mount it. So I was thinking I could put it on a shelf which is pretty high up on the wall and just place it upside down and just put some rubber feet on it to make it level and provide some space between the h31 and the shelf. I am not too sure if this is something that will cause any damage to the projector, because it seems that it would be similar to ceiling mounting it. But since I am completely new to this I thought I would ask the experts.

Any advice will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Mark

·
Registered
7,140 Posts
Experts would pay $50 for a unistrut ceiling device (was it eBay I saw that?) and be done with it. DIYers would engineer a ceiling mount. Members who like to take chances look for the tallest shelf and hope.

Mark, simply too much risk of an unsecure unit finding a new home on your floor (in pieces). There's the improper ventilation concern also.

·
Registered
39 Posts
i mounted my hitachi home-1 on a rear shelf upside down and my lamp crapped out at under 400 hours. i put it on rubber casters giving it only about a half inch for ventilation. my manual states that it has auto shut-off and onscreen indicators if the internal temperature gets too hot, but that never happened. still, i'm wondering why my lamp crapped out so early. just giving you my experience.

ps. i bought the projector used off ebay so i don't know what the conditions were for the people who had it before me.

·
Registered
781 Posts
Why not ceiling mount it to the underside of the shelf? Then when you move, you'll already have a ceiling mount.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.