AVS Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an onyko 606 receiver, a Polk CS2 center and 2 Polk monitor 50 as fronts.

I am using 2 satellite speakers from a Polk rm6750 set.

I was thinking of getting the r50 to use as the surrounds.

You guys think they are worth getting or just stick with the rm6750 speakers?

·
Registered
132 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyd3 /forum/post/14229091

I have an onyko 606 receiver, a Polk CS2 center and 2 Polk monitor 50 as fronts.

I am using 2 satellite speakers from a Polk rm6750 set.

I was thinking of getting the r50 to use as the surrounds.

You guys think they are worth getting or just stick with the rm6750 speakers?

I think that if you cant get the 50s above ear level than there may not be much difference. Maybe a little deeper sound but that it. I think u my be find with what u have or another surround like m30-40s. They may sound a little better.

·
Registered
68 Posts

·
Registered
5,453 Posts
The R50's will make excellent surrounds. They are tall enough to get the tweeter to ear level when seated and they are full frequency speakers, which is important when you listen to music.

I just helped my son upgrade his "budget" system and the results were very, very good. He had two Polk R30's as front speakers and we moved those to surrounds and added two Polk R50's for the front L-R. This simple, inexpensive (thank you Fry's ! ) upgrade was a huge success. I have no reservations on recommending the R50's as even better surrounds. Set them where you need them, no stands, shelves, or other furniture needed. It certainly worked for us.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts