AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a total newb to home audio, and I need a quick answer as I am about to purchase a sub for my trip tmr!

I have an old home audio receiver that needs a subwoofer. I'm thinking of buying the Klipsch SW-350 powered sub. Will it work if I hook it up to my receiver using regular speaker wire?

Any feedback is much appreciated

·
Banned
16,231 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALPH4  /t/1417990/will-powered-subs-work-with-any-home-theatre-system#post_22176546

I'm a total newb to home audio, and I need a quick answer as I am about to purchase a sub for my trip tmr!

I have an old home audio receiver that needs a subwoofer. I'm thinking of buying the Klipsch SW-350 powered sub. Will it work if I hook it up to my receiver using regular speaker wire?

Any feedback is much appreciated

Your receiver does't particularly need a sub. Your speakers might. I'm not familiar with the sub but many subs allow both a line-leve/rca connection as well as a speaker-level input. So yes, you can use regular speaker wire most likely. Your receiver may not have a line-level output but a normal rca cable can take care of the line level input thing, you don't need a special cable..

PS you can probably download the sub's manual and read it and then ask questions...

·
Registered
16,705 Posts
Any reason why you need that small, 8" subwoofer? There are better values at the SW-350 price point in bigger subs. And if you must have an 8" sub, I doubt that Klipsch will be any better than the Mirage Omni S8 , based on the specs. You can get two S8s for what the SW-350 cost.

Also, what kind of receiver do you have (make/model)?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts