AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,


Just had a quick question - if I can't get Dish Network I'm going to have to purchase another replay and activate my old one, and get this "Entertainment Plus" package from SBC that they serve in my apartment complex. I am wondering whether the Replay guide will have such a strange package - it has all the locals, then 40 channels that start at 37 and go to 76 - my zip code is 64156. What do you guys think?


Thanks,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy
Go here and enter your zip code to see what ReplayTV supports.

http://www.digitalnetworksna.com/sup.../providers.asp


Thanks, awesome link, except it doesn't look like they have anything that resembles SBC Home Entertainment, unless Time Warner has their channels labeled the same way, which I suppose is possible. Sigh - what can I do?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
6,497 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by criznag
Thanks, awesome link, except it doesn't look like they have anything that resembles SBC Home Entertainment, unless Time Warner has their channels labeled the same way, which I suppose is possible. Sigh - what can I do?
go to zap2it.com. Use your zip code, select the time warner lineup and check whether the channel assignments match the channels on SBC.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by criznag
Thanks, awesome link, except it doesn't look like they have anything that resembles SBC Home Entertainment, unless Time Warner has their channels labeled the same way, which I suppose is possible. Sigh - what can I do?
Even if your particular lineup is not currently found in the provider listing, you can manually send the information in, and they'll create a new lineup for you. I lived in a dorm with a customized channel lineup, and I had to fax in the channel listing. But they came through.


Here's a chunk from a ReplayTV web-site :
Quote:
Upon confirming that the correct provider was selected, please supply the following information via email to our technical support team at [email protected] so we can have the channel guide information fixed:



Provider Name:


Provider's Phone Number:


Provider Service: (i.e. basic service, digital cable, etc.


Also, please specify whether or not this is a special lineup for an Apartment or Mobile Home complex.)


City:


State:


Zip Code:


Channel discrepancy: (be as specific as possible)


Incorrect Channels-If the channels aren't correct, please list the channel as it's listed in the Replay channel guide and the correct channel number.

Time is incorrect-If a channel is in the wrong time slot compared to your other channels, please include examples of shows that are listed at the wrong time, and the time they should be listed.

Show description is incorrect-The show is missing a description or the description is incorrect.
It is mainly about if your channel lineup is incorrect, but it should work for non-existent lineups as well. Give it a try.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
38 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by boekjar
Even if your particular lineup is not currently found in the provider listing, you can manually send the information in, and they'll create a new lineup for you. I lived in a dorm with a customized channel lineup, and I had to fax in the channel listing. But they came through.


Here's a chunk from a ReplayTV web-site :


It is mainly about if your channel lineup is incorrect, but it should work for non-existent lineups as well. Give it a try.
Awesome info! That is what I'll have to do, since zap2its listings are not even close.


Do you know how long it usually takes for them to do this and update the database?


Thanks guys
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
145 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by criznag
Awesome info! That is what I'll have to do, since zap2its listings are not even close.


Do you know how long it usually takes for them to do this and update the database?


Thanks guys
It took them less than a day to update it all for me. But that was back in Jan-'01, I think.
 
1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top