AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
All i want to do is output a resonable signal to a non hdtv tv input choice i have is scart rgb / s-video / comp any recomendations........ i currently have a hercules fdx 8500le powered buy radeon 8500 le tv out sucks trying to work out how to improve. will consider most thing bar changing tv

come on i thought people were meant to help round here

·
Registered
215 Posts
visualbyte,

The bad news is that you are probably getting the best picture you can now. A HPTC does not add any improvement unless you are outputting to a computer monitor, HDTV or projector.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ok so the pictures crap out of the radeon, via tv out would it be better to to get something like the xcard to output to svideo. I know its not like a good dvd player but i just want to watch my ripped dvds with a half reasonable picture. I know the xcard or hollyplus does not suit hdtv, but it must be an improvement over a radeon on tv out. at the end of the day i want it to fill the screen. un like the radeon ...... because you also have to remeber that in the uk hdtv is some what lacking at the moment. with transmission not due for a few years, manufacturors are some what relucktant to seel them in the uk, as it is not yet ganenteed that it will happen. sorry about the spelling. anyway s video comp vga to euro scart what ever. will the xcard holly plus suit my needs.....better still is there a cost efective dvi to euro scart converter on the market.

ihave one system to output to the tv it does mp3 to a dsp a1, a 15" touch screen to control all and i store my ripped dvds on it so i want to watch them on the tv i have rear projection 42 "toshiba which has rgb scart or s-video or comp inputs

jc

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
scart is the european av interconnect standard, so you can buy scart leads in mot hifi shops even tesco,

·
Registered
1,206 Posts
I don't mean to be rude, but you need to do some searching for yourself sometimes.

You be surprised that you can anwser your own question with a little bit of searching of the many forums here by people who already had the same idea or problem (Found this out myself!!).

People here do help, but somtimes it's better to help yoursef first and ask only as a last resort.

Instead of whining about nobody helping you at all, yell at yourself for not helping yourself if anything.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
bite me...... very constructive..... in what way mite i ask have answered my own quetsion......???? having tried 4 diffrent grphs cards today with pretty much you advice from the sales assitants i am a little bored with un constructive comments like that. the reason i ask about xcards is they are only mail order round here. then again i might well be struggling with finding something that works

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
was under the impresion that this forum was about helping people not providing criptic answers to our own questions.......although it may appear i am thick we are not all classed with the same lever of perfection as some.......

·
Registered
92 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Any way why should george remake star wars its his film not yours if you dont like it dont buy it........(what every happen to creative right)

·
Registered
1,237 Posts
wow.. this is one way of getting respect or answers to your questions.. this is the first time i have seen this question from you. and i know i have asked questions and got answers.. but then again i try to find the info by READING and SEARCHING the prior posts.. sometimes people just dont have an answer for you and sometimes people feel that since it has been covered many times that someone else will answer it or they get tired of answering the same question time and again... did you read the faq?? yes its a bit out of date but some things just dont change such as the resolution of a normal ntsc/pal tv and one way of pissing people off and getting your posts ignored is to act like you matter to others. cause honestly you dont matter to anyone and people are helping others out of the kindness they feel and wanting to share.. but if you demand answers youll likely get none..

first off make the subject line pertain to what you have to say or ask.. this was like a mayday and honestly it was just a basic question that could have been

" how do i make my tv picture look better with tv out card?"

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.