AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will somebody please run the t/s figures on this sub and let me know what you think?? Just for fun I will tell you who makes it after the fact.

Thank you

revc=5.600 ohm

levc=2.14mh

fo=20.943

sd=81.000m Mz

md=114.000q

bl=27.657 tm

qms=2.469

qes=.742

qts=.571

no=.084%

spl=11536.0

vas=69.847ltr

cms=74.97OuM/N

mms=770.304

mmd=757.049

I hope this is all of it.

·
Banned
15,491 Posts
Xmax and Pe are necessary to know what it's capable of. They'd have to be pretty substantial, as it only has 82dB sensitivity. It models very well in 5 cu ft sealed, but with a 28Hz F3 and that low sensitivity it will be hard to justify that large a box unless it's got enough Pe and Xmax to deliver driven with adequate power.

·
Registered
21,345 Posts
umm, bill, look at the qes and the efficiency.

i think this driver is a p.o.s.

i love being proven wrong, so if this is a good one...blast me.

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
Here ya go.......

That's the best i could make of it in a 'reasonable' enclosure and considering room gain. Pretty not bad IMO. With 500w this design NEVER exceeds xmax..Hmmmmmm?

·
Registered
3,995 Posts
2 3" dual flared at 27.25" long each.....reasonable length for 120 Liter box. Internal dimensions 18x18x30 would be the simplest for straight shot ports. If the T/S are accurate and this isn't loaded with HD it ain't a cheap driver.

·
Banned
15,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LTD02 /forum/post/18289781

umm, bill, look at the qes and the efficiency.

I did, of course. Its sensitivity is 82dB/watt; its efficiency is 0.085%.

With 750w Pe and 32mm Xmax its max SPL is about 110dB, which is OK but nothing special.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
it is RE Audios lesser version of their XXX. I was wondering how it would compare to something like the sdx15...

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Looks to be about -3db at 17 hz... in room it will definately reach below that with room gain.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
Wait a minute...No one else saw a red flag when they saw the MMS of 770g
? I've never heard of any 18 or even 21" active driver being that heavy. The 05 style XBL^2 motor'd XXX's do not have that much dead weight. It's less than half that.

I've got specs saved in winisd for the 15 and the 18 and they are not even close to this. The MMS on the 18 is about 300g and the BL is much lower at 17.1.

What driver is this supposed to be for?

·
Registered
3,937 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci /forum/post/18293490

?

What driver is this supposed to be for?

Seems to be a brand new solid gold or steel cone driver. If it doesn't work out as a driver you could always put a tire on it and throw it on your car.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Fitzmaurice /forum/post/18291373

I did, of course. Its sensitivity is 82dB/watt; its efficiency is 0.085%.

With 750w Pe and 32mm Xmax its max SPL is about 110dB, which is OK but nothing special.

But then again neither is the Dayton driver used in the THT.

Unibox are half space models correct? Add +9db for corner placement... that driver will be capable of near 120 db @ 1m corner loaded.

Still waiting to see how the THT does 110db @1hz, 1w as you claim.

120 liters is around 4.23 cu ft, a viable option to those that don't want a 15 cu ft behometh of a sub like the THT.

That particular driver would probably like a pair of heavily loaded PR's, it would do better than a pair of 3" ports.

·
Bass Enabler
21,719 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci /forum/post/18293490

? I've never heard of any 18 or even 21" active driver being that heavy. The 05 style XBL^2 motor'd XXX's do not have that much dead weight. It's less than half that.

That's the first thing I noticed when I looked at the specs. Had a double take at that and looked at the Sd and kept scratching my head. Maybe there was extra weight added to bring the Fs down. I dunno.

·
Registered
3,539 Posts
Depends what you want. A sealed box of 4 cu ft, the SDX owns this unknown RE driver, with the same amount of power.

However, you could build a 6 cu ft box with a pair of AE 18" PR2100 passive radiators, and get 106 db @ 12 hz with one box, considering PE of 750w.

You give up 5 db in the midband compared to a 7 cu ft vented / PR box for the SDX15 that's tuned to 19 hz. Less if you are comparing an SDX15 in the same 6 cu ft, but tune the SDX15 to 15 hz.

About 3.5 db advantage in the midband for the SDX15 ( 6 cu ft @ 15 hz tune ) , but the RE down low, delivers 4.5 more db @ 12 hz.

·
Registered
5,556 Posts
I'd go with an SDX15 over this or something else. It works in small boxes and has a good low end output but you'll be giving up about 6-8db in the upper bass range due to the really low sensitivity.

Do you not know for sure exactly what driver model this is? Where did you get the specs?

I use RE products and some of them are good but I don't know what this is and some of the specs are suspect IMHO. 770g mms for starters, but the FS is still only 20hz? That is one stiff suspension right there. The BL is fairly high. Perhaps this is an MT 15 with a crap load of added mass?

·
Banned
15,491 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ricci /forum/post/18294098

I use RE products and some of them are good but I don't know what this is and some of the specs are suspect IMHO. 770g mms for starters, but the FS is still only 20hz?mass?

The specs check out. If the intent was to have a high Qts low EBP driver for use in a sealed alignment with a 28hz f3 then the goal was achieved. What is the manufacturer's recommendation?

1 - 20 of 22 Posts