AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought a 30 inch lcd from philips. It has one component input and one hdmi input. I plan on connecting a DVD player (which one should I get, i want to spend ~75-100 market value, like ebay cost), a HD Digitial cable box (it is DVI oiutput so i need a dvi to hdmi cable), and a xbox using the HD component connectors. Should I buy a switcher for the dvd and xbox?

I am sorry if I sound like an idiot but I really need help. Thanks in advance!!

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
If you have three things to connect and two inputs, you need a switch. Unless you want to be reconnecting things constantly, which I wouldn't recommend due to possible wear on the connectors.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I just bought an HDMI dvd player. Therefore i will have to use components for the HD digital cable box and the xbox. Do I have to get a switch?

·
Premium Member
18,319 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by bad107
I just bought a 30 inch lcd from philips. It has one component input and one hdmi input. I plan on connecting a DVD player (which one should I get, i want to spend ~75-100 market value, like ebay cost), a HD Digitial cable box (it is DVI oiutput so i need a dvi to hdmi cable), and a xbox using the HD component connectors. Should I buy a switcher for the dvd and xbox?
I'm just curious why you chose a TV with only two inputs when you know you needed three? :D

There are a number of Component switchers on the market that will make it all work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.