Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi -

I would be really grateful it if someone with a tape measure could tell me one dimension of the HLN507. The TV unit I will put my DLP on has a bridging shelf that is only 30.5" inches off the top of the TV stand. So I didn't think the 507 would fit, as it is almost 34" tall. However, the bridging shelf is set back from the edge of the TV stand, so if the 507 curves downward enough, then it would fit.

So... can someone tell me how far back (measured from the front of the screen/base) you have to go before the TV is shorter than 30.5"?

My ascii drawing didn't come out... but I hope I was clear enough that someone will help me out!

I really appreciate it!

RDaneel

·
Registered
39 Posts
The frame around the picture is 2.5" thick from the front face of the screen rearward. After that it drops down 1.25" to 32.25" high. This ledge then slopes down slightly to 32" high at about 10.5 inches back from the face of the TV. It then goes nearly straight down from there but on an arc.

·
Registered
39 Posts
This should help you with my dim's.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Whoa - Joe that was anything but average. That answers my question exactly, thanks a million! Looks like I can fit the 507 only if I modify something after all... Time to get out the drill and dremel.

Many thanks,

RDaneel

·
Registered
620 Posts
RDaneel,

I took a yard stick down to our HLM507W. I tred to sight it to tell how far from the face of the TV the cabinet rolled down to 30.5".

I think it is 9.5 to 10" from the front of the 507 that it is down to 30.5".

Hope this helps.

BTW. We've had our 507 since 12/1, done the tweaks, and are very happy with it.

·
Registered
39 Posts
RDaneel, Your welcome.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Well, after some more tinkering, I think I have a solution.

The bridging shelf hangs from two thin metal strips on each side, with holes drilled for a single screw to screw into the shelf (4 per shelf). All I will need to do is drill the holes up higher, and cut off the excess metal (or leave it, if it isn't too ugly), and viola! the shelf will be 3 inshes higher. Problem solved.

Now I can't wait to get my hands on one of these when I finally get moved into my new place. Whoo hoo!

Thanks again to eveyone for the replies,

RD

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.