AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just received the HLM617W and I have it sitting on a homemade stand made of medium density fiberboard which houses my two 200-watt subwoofers and my center speaker. A friend suggested that I might not want to put the television on this stand because of the vibration caused by the subwoofers. Does anyone know if this setup will damage or shorten the life of the bulb?

·
Registered
4,753 Posts
My sub causes the plastic panels of the 507 to resonate and vibrate. The solution is to not play to the maximum SPL. It's not like producing rock concert volume levels was ever going to convince anyone that a 50 inch is a big screen.

Subwoofer picture here

·
Registered
4,484 Posts
Tom, is it my imagingation or is Burt Reynolds getting older then the last time you showed that picture :)

·
Registered
332 Posts
Seriously, while the subw. might not be good for the rest of your set, it might actually be good for your bulb.

We have at work an Infocus front projector with only 200 hrs on the bulb that would not consitently go on. I e-mail Infocus and they tell me to take the bulb out and shake it for a minute really hard to re-mix the gases. Low and behold it now works. They said the gases can settle out and this will mix them up again.

·
Registered
772 Posts
Whoever told you to "remix the gases" obviously never had a chemistry or physics class. Gases are usually well mixed fluids because of Brownian Motion, especially at operating temps. Since removal & replacement obviously helped, I suggest it was more likely a bad connect between bulb & holder that was the problem.

·
Registered
3,261 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by RSawdey
Whoever told you to "remix the gases" obviously never had a chemistry or physics class. Gases are usually well mixed fluids because of Brownian Motion, especially at operating temps. Since removal & replacement obviously helped, I suggest it was more likely a bad connect between bulb & holder that was the problem.
but woudn't the bulb be below operating temperature when it is attempting to turn on?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.