AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I'm looking for a plasma and I think it has come down to either the TH-42PX500U or the TH-50PX500U (they "look" better than the other Panasonic models). However, I don't know if either will fit in the cabinet, since I think the measurements didn't allow for 36" tube tv. Can anyone take a look at the pics (measurements included) and tell me if they fit? The tv in the picture below is a 32" tube tv. Also, what would be the ideal plasma size given the viewing distances (2nd pic)? Finally, are there any other brands/models I should look at?

Pic 1

Pic 2

Thanks.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks csmith. It seems the TH-50PX500U will definately not fit, looking at the measurements on Panasonics website. The TH-42PX500U should fit fine, that is if the measurements on Panasonics website include the stand. Can anyone tell me if the height is 28.7" with the stand or without?

Thanks.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by gxshiem
Thanks csmith. It seems the TH-50PX500U will definately not fit, looking at the measurements on Panasonics website. The TH-42PX500U should fit fine, that is if the measurements on Panasonics website include the stand. Can anyone tell me if the height is 28.7" with the stand or without?

Thanks.
I have that same model, and with the stand it's 32 1/4"

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks jsfofec.

I just called Panasonic and it seems that the TH-42PX500U is 32.5" with the stand; the specifications on the Panasonic website show the dimensions without the stand (28.7").

I may still be able to fit the plasma, although almost touching the equipment on the top shelf, but I do need to know what the depth of the stand is. Can anyone tell me what the depth is of the stand?

Thanks.

·
Premium Member
18,319 Posts
Quote:
jsfofec, are you talking about the TH-50PX500U or the TH-42PX500U having a height of 32 1/4"?
From THIS Thread:

jsfofec

I just got by 42px500 two days ago,

So it looks like the 42PX500U is 2-1/4" taller than my 42PX50U. I wouldn't have thought it's that much taller than mine . . . .

·
Registered
24 Posts
Quote:
Can anyone tell me what the depth is of the stand?

Thanks.
It looks like it's about 13"-14". It's hard to get an actual measurement with it already set up

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks jsfofec.

Also, for anyone wanting to know the dimensions of the stand, here is a link to the installation instructions of the stand with detailed dimensions on page 7: Stand Dimensions

Also, here are the dimensions of the plasma on the stand (the plasma's on the right side of the screen are the equivalent USA models): Dimensions plasma on stand

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandyWalters
From THIS Thread:

jsfofec

I just got by 42px500 two days ago,
Didn't think about finding it out this way... Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.