AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,542 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will it work, or do I need a transcoder? I remember trying once unsuccessfully. Alan Gouger says that the input 6 I think, will accept High Defenition component input. Do I just buy another breakout cable and run it into that input and select a certain setting? Please help. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
I have both and it works great into my G15. I do not know the settings off hand, but it is fairly straight forward. No transcoder needed. I am using input 6 or 7, which will transcode from component to RGBHV and scale. All you need is a breakout cable (mine is from BetterCables.com).

If you have any trouble, I'll pull up the settings for you.

Good luck.

Alan

·
Registered
18 Posts
@ adidadi,

it works: If your DUNE has a serial number 1000 you can use input 6 or 7.

For testing you can use a standard breakout cable for PCs: HD15 to 5 BNC/cinch. The pins you need: Y = green, Pr = red, Pb = blue.

Connect it to the input (6/7) of the DUNE and select in the input group the resolution you use on the JVC player (1080i or 720p). If you have wrong colors check if the input mode shows YPrPb. That's all.

Regards

·
Premium Member
318 Posts
Yes.

Make sure you get the correct terminations for the component output (RCA connectors, I believe, but I would check the back of the 30000 to be sure).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.