AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
If so do you think this would the best choice?

( as far as fit and ease of use)

or do you think their's a better lens out their?

Ddog!!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Come on guys, how about some feed back?

Ddog!!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So nobody has any idea?

·
Registered
1,205 Posts
It should fit since the 240k is really just a commercial version of the 1000/1100 series. But don't quote me because I've never done it myself or seen it done. But it should fit.

LT 240k : Manual zoom, manual focus (1.2 zoom) F=2.5 - 2.9, f = 22.4 - 27.0mm

HT 1100 : Manual zoom, manual focus and manual IRIS F=2.5 - 4.5, f = 22.2 - 26.7 mm

What's wrong with using the original 240k lens? Why use a lens from the 1100?

Herm

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey thanx for the reply.

I reworded the question.

I'm going to buy an anamorphic lens and was thinking that the one that comes with the ht1000 might be the best way to go.

Ddog!!

·
Registered
530 Posts
DDOg,

Well, I just took a leap a faith and bought one off of the Ol' Ebay dirt cheap, There is a slight difference in the zoom characteristic between two lenses, other than that, I THINK it should work fine, if i am not mistaken someone here has the Ht1000 lens on a 240k and enjoys it.

The only concern I can see is if you are at either full range of the zoom.

The only way I can see an issue is if the 240k has a larger image at the mounting distance of the lens when fully zoomed out, and your setup requires the full zoom for the screen you run currently

I will let you guys know next week, or you'll see a post in the classifieds :)

I will happily reconstruct my screen for normal mode brightness, with eco mode bulb penalty and 33% more vertical resolution. That is short money to vault an allready outstanding unit into the big boy land of specs >4k

The razor sharp optics in the 240k have an andvantage in this situation leaving some extra clarity up over the ht1000, so when the lens is fitted, the resulting drop in focus is better than on a ht1000, due to the improved optics. I am n t sure if the same holds true for the ht1100, as I think they use the newer lenses on that revision

I thought it was JoshZ who had it, not sure though.

TJ

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
TJ

Thanx for the info and am looking forward to your thoughts on your new lens.

Ddog!!

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Oh, and hey could you be so kind as to PM me what you got it for?

Ddog!!

·
Registered
29,415 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by tehotaone
The razor sharp optics in the 240k have an andvantage in this situation leaving some extra clarity up over the ht1000, so when the lens is fitted, the resulting drop in focus is better than on a ht1000, due to the improved optics. I am n t sure if the same holds true for the ht1100, as I think they use the newer lenses on that revision

I thought it was JoshZ who had it, not sure though.
I have the original LT-240 plus a Panamorph lens. I haven't seen an HT-1100 in action for myself yet.

·
Registered
530 Posts
Well, I got the lens yesterday, and it works VERY well, it took only 10 minutes to get a 95 % focused image, the task bar on the Windows desktop is the only spot I seen any degradation in focus, even that is slight, and only apparent on a computer display.

The geometry is good, however it will exaggerate an out of "plum" projector, so your starting alignment and geometry will be exacerbated by the lens.

The image from a DVD or hi-def source is incredible, the main difference I see is the depth of field, and backround clarity.

The colors and saturation seem to be improved as well, it seems to "cut" the slight blue hue to the light, even when set at 6500k, it makes it to my eyes, more "natural" for video at least, no one likes a "warm" monitior for computing I am sure, but it does not over do it, it is slight.

I can zoom in or out fully without cropping the image at all.

It mounts completely stock, very easy.

My buddy has a 260k and bought one as well, his was a paint to "true" to the lens, and the resulting focus on computer text is 65-75 percent of mine, but still achieves a nice improvement in displaying video and HDTV sources

It most certainly does what it is advertised to, added brightness and resolution, I think it makes the unit an even more amazing value!

If you have a 240k don't hesitate on a good deal, it works fine!!!!!

TJ

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.