AVS Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
416 Posts
ps3 is bluetooth...these is no IR

i set my harmony remote to change everything, then when its time to power up the ps3, i just use the controller...

·
Registered
275 Posts
Nope, and although I haven't heard it from any source I would call reliable, Logitech has no current plans for BT remotes. I bought the Sony PS3 remote and just live with it for now (switch on the PS3 with the remote, then use my Harmony to switch on the amp and change all other settings), but I do miss my "all in one" solution.

At this point I hope some other companies start going after the universal remote market as I think some competition would be good for Logitech. Any company could drop a software programmable remote on the market and probably do at least as well as Logitech. It's not like the software isn't horrid bloatware (and more so on OS X).

·
Registered
181 Posts
You can get the Nyko remote and just use the sensor and the current Harmony remotes can do everything but power on/off the PS3. Or one of the board members came up with a home-grown solution that will also power on/off the unit (after enabling remote functionality with a PSP).

·
Registered
4,538 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcrossan7 /forum/post/12996513

With one of these it will

http://schmartz.com/product.sc?categoryId=1&productId=4

I use this with my MX900 and it is great!

Yes they do work well but most people hate that wire. There is a new solution out from Canada, but I dont think I have the link at present. Will see if I can find it!

·
Registered
506 Posts
I too am wondering about this. Apparently Logitech is releasing a new Harmony that was shown at CES but alas, it does not support bluetooth. I have faith that they will eventually release a harmony that does though so until that happens, I happily deal with 4 remotes.

·
Registered
275 Posts
I would suggest we all (and there are enough Harmony owning PS3 owners on this board alone) start emailing Logitech, this seems like a simple fix for them to add one more product to the line.

·
Registered
9,432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bob_c_b /forum/post/12997422

I would suggest we all (and there are enough Harmony owning PS3 owners on this board alone) start emailing Logitech, this seems like a simple fix for them to add one more product to the line.

Or email Sony for a proper IR adapter.

·
Banned
2,969 Posts

Quote:

Count me in. I bought a 659 2 years ago and love it and would buy another 1 if it supported BT.

·
Registered
1,152 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bryansj /forum/post/12997516

Or email Sony for a proper IR adapter.

I agree. I would love to know just what Sony was thinking when they decided on Blue Tooth for the PS3 - stupidstupidstupid.

·
Registered
165 Posts

Quote:

A simple fix? Hardly.

I spoke with Logitech's reps at the CES. They have NO plans for this, and why should they? Who else uses a BT remote except Sony on their PS3. It would be much better if Sony implemented IR.

·
Registered
799 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by YMark /forum/post/12998315

I spoke with Logitech's reps at the CES. They have NO plans for this, and why should they? Who else uses a BT remote except Sony on their PS3. It would be much better if Sony implemented IR.

That's good to know considering I just bought the new logitech remote.

·
Registered
895 Posts
You don't have to wait for Sony to release an IR adapter. They already did... for the original PS2. And, it works on the PS3 just fine. Combine it with a PS2/USB adapter and your Harmony and you have IR control of your PS3 (except for on/off). Or, go with one of the aftermarket IR adapters like the or the Schmartz.

Don't hold out because you can't do on/off - you will quickly see that you don't need it. When you play a game, turn it on with the Sixaxis. When you want to watch a movie, it will turn on when you put the disc in. I've been using my 880 with my PS3 for over a year, and I am very happy.

·
Registered
9,432 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayoldschool /forum/post/12998444

Don't hold out because you can't do on/off - you will quickly see that you don't need it. When you play a game, turn it on with the Sixaxis. When you want to watch a movie, it will turn on when you put the disc in. I've been using my 880 with my PS3 for over a year, and I am very happy.

Or when you want to stream media you ....?

·
Registered
4,267 Posts
Just buy the nyko remote and set your Harmony to use it.

It won't turn the PS3 of and on, but I can live with that. I just leave it on all the time...but make sure it is well ventilated, if not it will turn into a jet engine/flame thrower.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts