AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I know the VSX 819 is an older receiver, and the PS3 is far from the best 3D blu-ray player - but hey, I'm on a budget so why not!

ANYWAY, my question is this.

I'm looking at a cheap 3D tv (it's a thousand dollars, and I'm in Canada so it saves having to travel through the border, the model is the LG 47W5000) but I'm not sure if I'll be able to pass through the 3D signal into the receiver and out through the new TV.

I really do want the benefit of the TrueHD handling of the receiver, I'd much rather still experience that, but will it strip the HD? Or with the PS3 downscaling and working over HDMI 1.3... might it still work on the VSX?

As usual, always and such - thank you. I appreciate any answers you can give.

Nick

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Any other thoughts on this?

Otherwise I have to decide between one of 2 options, a dual HDMI out BluRay player or a new receiver. Neither of which I can now afford after my tv purchase

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Sorry, I didn't edit my post.

Everything has been purchased

I did not see any concrete evidence as to what would happen, so I took the plunge as many with non-3D receivers were able to use them just fine, but that doesn't seem to be the case here, so I'm trying to find a low cost option.

And I have kids, pets, etc. if I waited until I saved up, I'd be chiseling this on a stone tablet using a hand-me-down chisel and hammer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmoothie /forum/post/21111584

To guarantee all 3D formats will pass through ... the AVR must be HDMI 1.4 otherwise a dual HDMI 1.4 AVR is your next best bet. Unless the new TV does better 2D processing then your current TV, suggest you hold off on any purchase until you afford all of the necessary devices.

I am very confused with this.

A dual AVR? How would that help?

And the processing on the tv, my old tv is a 4 year old Toshiba 37". My current new tv, an LG 55LW5300 (which is the same as the 47LW5600 or 55LW5600 without the smart tv options) I would assume is much improved, and I don't think my 819 does anything that amazing to the picture.

The ONLY reason I want to be able to stream it through to the AVR is specifically so that I can use a PS3 or 3D BluRay player and stream the HD audio properly, which I can't seem to do now.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I guess I'll have to keep my eyes out for a cheap dual HDMI player, then. At the prices I've seen, most dual HDMI players cost more than my current receiver did new

I still hope for a future solution that will allow the signal to properly be split from 1 HDMI output.

Is there any technical way to possibly do this? Or is it a technical impossibility?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts