AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
While reading on this forum, i learned that the panasonic player will recieve an update allowing it to decode the new audio codecs and that the pioneer is capable of decoding these new codecs. No firmware update for the pioneer has been confirmed as of yet from what I gather. Does anyone know if the sony is capable like the pioneer to decode this new codecs?

·
Registered
3,222 Posts
It's coming in March or April, I think. Seems like that's the target month for all BD players. PS3 already has TrueHD though.

fuad

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I was under the impression that the PS3 can all ready do TruHD. DTS HDMA will be updated at a later date.

You can enjoy LPCM on any blu ray player at the moment though. It is impressive.

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes, the ps3 is capable of trueHD already. I however, was talking about the sony standalone player, not the PS3. I should have been more specific, sorry.

Yes LPCM is impressive. I only ask because the fox titles are DTS master and I would very much like to be able to hear them as such.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
I would like to hear DTS HDMA on my Sony BDP-S1 as well. I am hoping that the rumor mill about the Pioneer getting the update will spill over to the Sony player.

The Sony so far (after the latest firmware fixes) has been an overall great player for me. No problems at all.

·
Registered
255 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WriteSimple /forum/post/0

It's coming in March or April, I think. Seems like that's the target month for all BD players. PS3 already has TrueHD though.

fuad

Did you read that somewhere? is it in writing from Sony? Unless you did I wouldn't believe it.

Dan

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.