AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6,557 Posts
Didn't the outdoor life channel offer some HD news in the past few weeks? I think that they have TDF coverage. So you might have some luck there.

But then on the other hand, Europe doesn't really have HD yet (there is a new satellite service, but nothing ota), so they likely don't have HD cameras for the pool footage.

·
Registered
860 Posts
I doubt the daily coverage will be in HD. Most of those cameras are on motorcycles and then beamed up to the helicopters and then on to the satellites. Considering how much HD cameras cost, I doubt that's a risk they want to take right now.

I'd love to have the TdF in HD, but I don't see that happening anytime soon. Does OLN even have any HD cameras?

Our best chance is for ESPN to cover one of the US races, but I doubt that'll happen in the near future either.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
Not this year and probably not next year because of all the wireless uplinks from cameras to helicopters. But widescreen (16:9, 480i like Fox) is a possibility, if OLN can set it up.

Cyclone is right that OLN recently announced an HD show following the U.S. Postal team from about April on, featuring preparations, behind the scenes, etc. I don't think any of the HD will consist of live coverage of the race, however. And the delivery vehicle (new OLN HD channel; HD PPV; special HD channel; or, InHD/InHD2 pre-emption) has yet to be determined.

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think this is the press release you are referring to:

------------------------------------

OUTDOOR LIFE® NETWORK TO PREMIER A BEHIND-THE-SCENES

DOCUMENTARY ON LANCE ARMSTRONG AND THE

UNITED STATES POSTAL SERVICE CYCLING TEAM

IN HIGH DEFINITION

The Weekly Half-Hour Show, the Network's First Foray Into High Definition TV, Debuts April 29th and Continues through the Completion of the

2004 Tour de France in July

-------------------------------------

Not live, but might be nice. Not clear where it will air, however.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.