AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
1,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I kinda want to pick up a PS2, but would be willing to wait a few months if Sony is going to come out with a smaller/cheaper version of the thing once PS3's really start rolling out - the way the PSOne was released once the PS2 got rolling.

For those who keep up on industry information and rumors, any hints of a PSTwo?

·
Registered
1,546 Posts

·
Registered
810 Posts
Current PS2 is tiny... I dont know what would you expect - any smaller and it would be too small for all the ports it needs!

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
LOL, where have you been, jail?

·
Registered
1,541 Posts
LOL! I just imagine him getting out of jail.

·
Registered
265 Posts
Well, to be fair, the PSOne came with a monitor attached to it. So realistically, the current PSTwo isn't quite the same unless it also comes with its own monitor.

But I personally don't see a point in having one with a monitor attached.

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougPr /forum/post/0

Well, to be fair, the PSOne came with a monitor attached to it. So realistically, the current PSTwo isn't quite the same unless it also comes with its own monitor.

PSOne did not come with a monitor attached.

·
Registered
1,541 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by DougPr /forum/post/0

You ruined this thread...

·
Registered
1,055 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by joperio /forum/post/0

Here's a link to the final version of the PS One. Talk about salvaging every last drop of product life. If you've never seen it, consider yourself lucky.

http://www.amazon.com/Ps-One-LCD-Scr.../dp/B00005QI2R

I own one and it did not come attached to the PSOne. It was an optional add on and did not come attached to it.

·
Registered
810 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlohrenz /forum/post/0

Not sure how much cheaper you expect it to get. PS2 was originally $250..now you get the slim for $129. That's pretty cheap if you ask me.

yep, and considering that now it also has more features than original one (built in networking for example).... I doubt they will lower the price anytime soon, since it is 2x cheaper than Wii...

·
Registered
5,084 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewNameGuy /forum/post/0

Glad I could throw some amusement to you guys. Still curious if there have been rumors of new form for the PS2 - especially one that is *cheaper* than the current version.

i'm not sure what you're looking for exactly. you asked about a smaller ps2. it exists. you asked about a cheaper ps2. it exists. the pstwo is the final revision to the hardware likely, and like someone else said, how much cheaper do you expect it to get?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.