Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
3,679 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all,

I know this has probably been asked before, but I wouldn't know where to look! Everyone is saying great things about the ae100, and I would not debate that is has a great picture, and aside for screendoor, I would bet (from Li On's experience) that it will out-do my Sony 10HT. That is the only thing that is keeping me from buying a this panasonic.....I just love the solid picture (hence lots of pixels) from my 10ht....

Have any of you guys heard of a similar product (16:9 panels) that will incorporate a higher resolution? Once I see that Panny, or a similar quality company, has come out with this resolution (but better pic than my 10HT), I will keep my projector for now....I still enjoy it, and it's got over a year left on the warranty and 500 hours on it.

Just my two cents:)

·
Registered
3,991 Posts
More likely, an AE200, not EA200 ;)

·
Registered
164 Posts
Ok here is IMO

If AE-200 come out the price is around US 1300 in Japan and AE-100 is about US 700-800 I think, if you add both projector is less than US 3000. If you buy new Sony 10HT is about US 3xxx something.

If you already have Sony 10HT keep it, if not you can start buying AE-100 and AE-200 later. :D

·
Premium Member
7,440 Posts
Well, resale on an AE100 won't be too bad, then you call the difference that you lose your home theater projector rental fee and upgrade to a newer PJ.

If and when a 16:9 AE200 comes out it'll kick butt if it does two things, 1) Is at least exactly the same as the AE100 in terms of contrast and brightness and 2) Has higher resolution and less screen door. In all likelyhood a higher resolution 16:9 PJ will probably be accompanied by higher contrast and brightness as those aspects of technology increase too :cool:

If a projector like that comes out for say, only 20% higher cost, it'll set the home theater projector market upside down. The AE100 is almost good enough to do that on its own so I can just imagine what the next AE from Panasonic will be like.

But seriously, if you have the money, I'd buy the AE100 now and wait and see. Surely when a new AE200 or similar 16:9 high resolution PJ from panasonic comes out, you'll be able to sell your ae100 to cover a good portion of the cost of the new projector. I have a feeling that anything with higher resolution and less screen door than the Panasonic AE100 is going to be revolutionary if the price is kept low. I imagine if the AE100 continues to be sold it'll go even cheaper too :)

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
C'mon guys... the AE100 just came out. One of the reasons it is so cheap is because they are using a low resolution panel. Low resolution = cheap costs.

If you get a high resolution AE200, that will translate into much, much higher costs. So if you are ok with spending the money to buy a high resolution panel, just buy a 1280x720 MT7, TW100, or a 1366x768 HT11, PLV60, PLV70. Those are readily available today.

Now if we are just dreaming, I personally would want an AE200 to have ---

1366x768 resolution, 1000:1 contrast and 1500lumen Full output/750 economy mode. The projector should do at least 4000 hours full output, 8000 hours economy. It should be

·
Premium Member
7,440 Posts
MMMmm...nice dream dude :cool:

·
Registered
2,378 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by skikp
yes it will be 4000 lumens and 16x9 2000 to 1 contrast for 100 bucks!
That's the AE300. Available in 2004--- it will blow away every current projector over $10,000. Stay tuned. Until then, you will have to make do with an AE100.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.