AVS Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok guys bare with me as I am not good at all with the technical stuff.

I have a set of these subs in my closet that I am thinking about building a set of towers with.

My question is will they work for home speakers?

They are Diamond Audio M6MkII 10" dual 4ohm subs.

Here are the specs which quite honestly doesnt mean much to me at all.

Thanks for the help.

M6mkII10D4

Impedance (ohm) 8*

SPL 1w/1m(dB) 84

Qes 0.56

Qts 0.49

Fs (Hz) 40

Vas (L) 12.3

Cms (mm/N) 0.088

Mms (g) 181

Sd (M²) 0.0316

BL (T·M) 24.9

Re 6

Xmax (mm) 18.3

·
Registered
3,937 Posts
I had diamond audio in my car years back and they make some good drivers. I didn't have the subs so I can't speak for them, but if you are looking to build a more full range tower then those will fill the low end decently. I would still get a woofer/tweeter set to start crossing at 100-120 hz though.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies guys.

I am by far no audiophile but I do like my music clean and loud. I am really looking into this just as a project to use up the subs.

I can download winisp but I am not sure what the heck I am looking at. What kind of curve should I want to see and what should the cut off be?

Maybe if you guys feel like it you can recommend some speakers to go along with these that will blend together and look nice. I am looking to spend no more than about $500 on mids and tweeters.

Thanks for all the help. As you can probably tell this is my 1st DIY home speaker project.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.