AVS Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
7,005 Posts
Both sets upconvert all "less than 1080p" source signals to 1080p for display. Both accept 1080p via HDMI. The JVC will correctly apply 2:3 pulldown for converting 1080i film-based sources (e.g., HD movies on HBO or TV shows shot on film, or 24 frame per second 1080i video) to 1080p at 60Hz. The Mits can not do 2:3 pulldown for 1080i sources (only for 480i). For DLPs, in published side-by-side tests the MITS generally trails both Samsung and Toshiba in overall performance.

·
Registered
166 Posts
The Jvc in my opinion is a great tv but I cant get past the silk screen. The one I seen at a local retailer had this problem bad. They offered it to me at 1600 but that was too high for the outdated technology. To me the box seemed deep and the menu was not friendly. Remote made in china. I considered the Jvc but not for long. The Mits was dark and seemed to show that rainbows effect more than other DLPs so I ruled it out right away.

The projections I considered was Samsung and the new Toshibas that just came out. The Toshiba's cabinet seemed very sleek. The 65" Toshiba over all size is less than both tvs your are considering. I think but anyway hope this info helps.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.