AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Went by the local audio/video place and guy helped me out with some stuff and he came up with this system for me, based mostly on price but also on what I plan to do with it...

Yamaha RX-V567 7.1 receiver

x6 - Paradigm Cinema 70 speakers

x1 - Paradigm 110C center speaker

Yamaha - YST-SW216 10" powered subwoofer

This is for about $1,200. I can probably talk him down a bit or trade the front left and right speakers for Paradigm Cinema 90 speakers for same total price of $1,200 (at least I think. lol).

This is gonna' be hooked up to my PC, HD cable box, and HDTV ( 50PK550 ). HD/SD cable, Netflix, DVD/BD, music, PC games (no particular order).

Thanks, ya'll

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by m_vanmeter /forum/post/19613118

Cinema 70's should be considered for a small room or den only - they are small speakers.

$1,200 is pricey

I'm not sure what is considered small or large, but the room is 14' W x 14' L.

Yeah, I kinda' thought $1,200 was a bit much, especially since I was only wanting to spend $1,000 for receiver, speakers, and subwoofer. lol I asked the guy if they price matched and they said that it depended on where I found a better price. i.e. eBay is out, NewEgg is a big maybe, Sears is a heck yes, as well as Wal-Mart, Best Buy and alike stores.

The guy let me listen to two Paradigm Cinema 70s and then two Paradigm Cinema 90s and the difference was night and day, the 90s being way better. He said that the 90s were about $75 more per pair. Also, he said that a lot of people get the 90s as fronts along with the 110C and then the 70s for the rest of speakers.

If ya'll HAD to get this setup, what would be the most ya'll would pay for it total?

Please, also, totals for the original setup but with 90s as fronts.

Also, opinions on how good the sound quality would be, the loudness, and just general overall quality.

Thanks!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts