AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm pretty much set to go with BenQ 8700 or IF 7200 and Firehawk 100" tab tensioned screen.

One concern remains regarding lighting. The HT is my office.

The walls are vanilla as is the ceiling - and I really don't want to paint it. I expect to be watching movies primarily at night. Nonetheless, I'm concerned about how much of a problem there will be with light reflecting off the walls and ceiling. Is this gonna be a big problem?

S_tones

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Using the Firehawk will greatly relieve this problem. You should be OK. From what I've read the Benq would have better blacks and the IF7200 will be brighter, there by putting more light on those walls and ceiling.

Scott

·
Registered
2,040 Posts
On a 100" Firehawk, you're going to have over 40 ft/lmbts with the 7200. That is extremely bright. Even with the off axis light rejection properties of the Firehawk, with an all white room, you'll probably end up with a decreased contrast ratio and brighter blacks. Of course, this might also happen with he 8700; but with the lower lumens, it might not be as bad. Keep in mind I haven't seen either of these pj's in this type of scenario. Just guessing.

Rob

·
Registered
109 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by s_tones
Thanks. Yeah I'm a bit conflicted about the choice of BenQ vs the 7200.

Hard to decide without seeing them side by side.
You will be happy with either.

"better"

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
I have seen both and own the 8700. I saw the 7200 on the smallest Firehawk they make and it had, to me, unacceptably high black levels. The 7200 was too bright for that small a screen.

The BenQ will have better black levels but if you want a really bright picture the 7200's for you.

Agree the Firehawk is good for your setup to reject some angled reflected light from your walls.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.