AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recorded all the hi-8 tapes from the canon hi-8 camcorder to HS2 by 1394 using Super Long Play [1st attempt then] on the HS2 [6 or 8 hours I think] after recording and finalising the disc the playback was less than hi-8 ^_^.

Or was it better if I had done it this way: Capture it as XP [high quality] but then when writing to DVD-R use the lower quality EP or lower... or does that matter at all ? What is good ? why... as I have over 500 hi-8 tapes... is the problem.. tons of nonsense things.. kids playing and will be a heafty investment if I do it all as XP quality. Suggestions ?

Dilemma

·
Registered
306 Posts
I have been copying a lot of hi8 stuff to DVD-R directly via the s-video input. For some stuff I have used LP mode but it's only just acceptable - when I use SP mode most of it has looked pretty much identical to the original . IMHO, XP mode is just a waste as SP mode is just about perfect. Try copying direct to DVD (not HDD) via composite input as there are thoughts that the internal circuits in the HS2 composite inputs will be optimised to give the best recording from poorer sources such as hi8.

I would not recommend using XP or anything lower than SP mode which means that the most you will get on a disc is 2hrs...

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.