1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
239 Posts
SInce your TV already has 3 HDMI inputs, the benefit of the 4 HDMI inputs in the DVDO and its use as a switcher is reduced.

Since the Sony BluRay is already outputting HD, the benefit of the DVDO from that particular source is reduced. Or none. Plus one of the benefits of the Sony over the PS3 as a BluRay player is its ability to output 24 fps. No 3:2 pulldown. Can the DVDO pass that if used as a switcher? I don't know. On the other hand, can the SXRD take 24 fps?

I'm sure the processing in the DVDO is superior to what's in the Tivo. And even though Wega processing in the Sony may be good, I assume that the DVDO is better than that as well. But given that the source is just satellite, except for the HD channels, I don't know if anything can make it great.

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhsens /forum/post/0

But given that the source is just satellite, except for the HD channels, I don't know if anything can make it great.

The source isn actually OTA HD not satellite. My understanding is that OTA is typically one of the least compressed sources. Then again, I guess it depends on subchannels

·
Registered
1,238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwickdraw4 /forum/post/0

I am planning an upgrade in fall of my now ancient 55" Samsung RPCRT HDTV.

90% of my viewing is OTA HDTV and 10% DVD.

. . . .

I guess my response would be if you are looking to upgrade in the Fall (September, October 2007) timeframe, I would be waiting until mid-summer to see what products are available or announced.

·
Registered
239 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by qwickdraw4 /forum/post/0

The source isn actually OTA HD not satellite. My understanding is that OTA is typically one of the least compressed sources. Then again, I guess it depends on subchannels

I've too have heard that the OTA is better than satellite, but not quite HD-DVD/BluRay. Don't see the benefit of a scaler for that. Except for the convenience of switching.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.