AVS Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm a newbie, so y'all bear with me if I'm in the wrong forum, but here's what I have & what I'm trying to do:

I have a Sony MiniDV Handycam (DV-HC28) and I'm wanting to record an upcoming Concert. From past experience the sound is never that great when recording with the built-in mic. So what I'm proposing is using the camera for the video and a direct feed off the Venue's soundboard for the audio. What I planned on doing is using a Sony 10-pin to S-Video cable. I'm going to run the S-Video cable as well as the Red-White RCA Audio cables into a Pinnacle box that will output to an external hard drive. I will also plug the camera in with an AC adapter for power.

My goal(s) are to 1)Not have to babysit the camera, but just set it up and let it go. 2)Not have to worry about changing tapes/batteries. 3) End up with a single video file on the hard drive that I don't have to convert and that has matching good quality audio.

So what do you think?? Will this work? Is there an easier way to go about it that I'm overlooking? Any help/advice you can provide is GREATLY appreciated!!!

·
Registered
177 Posts
You can run live video from you MiniDV camcorder directly to a computer with Firewire and get the full quality video.

I use WinDV to do this, which is free.

Quote:
I'm going to run the S-Video cable as well as the Red-White RCA Audio cables into a Pinnacle box that will output to an external hard drive.

Just exactly what device allows this?

Rich

1 - 2 of 2 Posts