AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
232 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to have my projector mounted overhead instead of on the floor.

I was thinking of mounting it to a DJ/discoteque style scafolding--ie one of those metal truss type thingees that are used to hang lights, mirror balls etc.

anyone done this?

I assume a DJ supply store would be the place to get one. Suggestions?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Will the mount handle the weight? CRT PJs aren't light, as I'm sure you already know.

Also, I assume you need to mount your PJ down a bit from your ceiling, since those things won't necessarily snug the PJ right up against the ceiling.

But modulo those concerns, it should work.

- David Eddy

·
Registered
2,861 Posts
At least you got it off the floor now :)

Try an electronic parts dealer that sells Rohn (brand name) antenna towers. They make 90 degree curve sections exactly like what you are talking about. A lot cheaper than the dj supply house. You would need 3 straight sections (2 sides and across middle) that are 10' long...expect to pay $60-100 each. and 2 90 degree pieces...no idea on pricing for these. they make two gauges...you only need the light gauge. Make sure you secure it though so that it doesn't tip forward/backwards.

·
Registered
18,503 Posts
Jay's idea is a good one, and the tower lengths will hold it no problem.

Curt

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
PSI has a PJ setup like that in their showroom. Some huge-ass Barco. Could squash my 1031Q like a grape! Pretty neat setup. Looked very solid.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.