1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

·
Registered
271 Posts
It will, but only if you're connecting it to a DTC-100. It is made specifically to synchronize with the DTC-100's signal. Some people have reported getting it to work with a PC, but many more reported failures. The overall image quality is not that great, especially when compared to the Audio Authority or Key Digital transcoders. I speak from experience and from reading comments in the forums. If you're attracted to it by the low price on eBay, just remember you get what you pay for. Spend the extra $$ on an AA or KD.

Don

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks! Ebay is what made me look into it more. Looked like a good deal.

·
Registered
2,545 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
It looks like that's a VGA "breakout" cable, VGA RGB. If your display accepts RGB input then the cable may work, otherwise you'll need a transcoder of some sort.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
I'm still not certain that's the right cable, it looks like it only has three RCA connectors for R,G,& B. I've only used the Mits with a full RGBHV breakout cable. I prefer the RGBHV cable over a transcoder, one less piece of electronics to mess up the image and the cable should be cheaper.

Maybe you should contact the seller and clarify exactly what they are selling. If you search you can find these cables for anywhere from $25 to $100... But remember, to a certain degree you get what you pay for.

I'd stick with a reputable vendor like BetterCables (AVS Forum Alliance Member), Digital Connection, Blue Jeans Cable, etc.

·
Registered
271 Posts
I use a 5-connector breakout cable with my MyHD card in YPbPr mode, so I only use three connectors instead of all 5. It works great.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.