AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am using a pair of Mission 765i towers, 4ohm-38hz-20khz, 93db at 1w. I am using now an Audionics of Oregon 100x2 amp which can also be set for mono. I have a chance to get another Audionics of Oregon amp for under $200 and a pair of Mission/Cyrus 782 speakers which are also 4ohm for under $350.

I am thinking about getting the amp and speakers and finding a Reciever to use as a preamp to power the Mission/Cyrus as surrounds.

What would be a decent reciever to use for a pre-amp and what would be a good CC speaker to match with my Missions?

Or do I scrap what I already have and start completely over. I am trying get by with as cheap as possible for the best sound as possible for both 2-ch stereo and 5-ch HT.

So many options that I am now discombobulated in my mind!

LennyOpus3

·
Registered
1,277 Posts
I think using receiver as prepro for some channels is a good idea. You need to get a receiver with 5/6/7.1 ch pre-out, and the cheapest one was Pioneer D812. D912 has MCACC, so you may want this. You can research on the web, but recent receiver with room EQ feature would be nice, such as Yamaha RX V1400/2400. 2 Pioneers I mentioned are cheaper though.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.