AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking to setup a fairly cheap home theater system. I was initially thinking a HTIB would be my best route for the money(Onkyo HT-S780). After reading through some posts I'm now leaning towards seperates. I currently have a set of computer speakers that the amp burned out on(Logitech Z560). I was wondering if the 4 satellite speakers would work for my surrounds and rears on a 7.1 system. Only specs I could find dealing with the 4 satellites is 53 watts RMS per channel and input impedance > 5,500 ohms. Just figure I could get a better receiver, center, fronts and sub and live with the surrounds for now and upgrade in the future. Any advice on whether that will work or would a HTIB be better?

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
$$ ??

·
Registered
7,822 Posts
I don't know what to recommend for a receiver, front stage, and sub for $500 that would beat the HTIB. (Frankly, the satellites are such a small part of the overall cost that using the Logitechs wouldn't save enough to swing the difference.)

I'd suggest asking in the HTIB forum about experiences others had upgrading from the Onkyo.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.