AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering if anybody has any news on the TWC HDTV saga in Cincinnati, Ohio. They have made promises since March this year but so far zip.

-Marc

·
Registered
105 Posts
Marc,

I received this from TW Cinci on June 21st:

Quote:
I have an update for you on the HDTV service. We apparently got some in, but when they were tested and loaded with what they need, most failed to work. We sent them back to Scientific Atlanta, and they are making some changes. I can not provide you with a date, because of this problem. Again, when we get them, and they work, you will be called.

------------------

James

DVI/HDCP and DFAST are Pure Concentrated Evil!

·
Registered
110 Posts
IMHO, dish + antenna is the way to go in Cincy. All of our digital channels are broadcasting with very strong signals. WLWT does not offer any HD (even Leno), but WCPO and WKRC do a pretty good job. WKRC even multi-casts some sporting events, such as the NCAA basketball tourney. TWC will make you pay for that. The more I thought about it, the less sense cable made.

------------------

We ALL deserve equal access to justice.
http://www.prepaidlegal.com/go/t_evansen

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Problem is that I live in an apartment complex so a roof antenna is out of the question. I haven't tried an indoor antenna but I'm sceptical that it would give decent results due to multipath problems. Oh well... thanks for the update

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.