AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The big plus about the new DVI players seems to be how they are better becuase you will get less artifacting due to the one less Digital to analog convertions step.

Question:

If you are using Monster cables and it is a RPTV and not a LCD based wont you be just a good if you went with a High end Denon 1600 or something?

Monster cables claim on there web site that you will not loose any thing.

Or is this Monster cable thing just marketing and it is not worth the extra $$$?

·
Registered
754 Posts
I'm not an expert on the subject, but the cabling isn't the issue in question.

The fact is, the signal goes D/A in the DVD player to exit via component.

Be it 480p, it may bypass the TV's scaler, but I'm not sure.

The cables aren't really the issue (though you can do much better than monster, some sponsors of this site in particular could help you there) but the DVD player itself in this instance.

I'm sure that you would still benefit from a CRT based RPTV using DVI out of a DVD player.

·
Registered
2,118 Posts
Scott:

Go take a look at the review of the Bravo D1 in the September issue of Widescreen Review. In that review there is an excellent description of the benefits from DVI depending on what display device you have.

·
Registered
1,324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I read the Article and it mentions the better connection you get with DVI and less of a chance of loosing any signal.

I still have my question, if you are using Monster Componet Video Cables, you would not be loosing any signals anyway on a componet vidoe so with a RPTV (non LCD or PLasma) would it not be moot.

So will Monster cables help?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.