AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Subject to inspection, I have committed to buy a pair of Wilson Watt Puppy 6s. My concern is this. The serial numbers are separated by over 400. According to Wilson, pairs of speakers sold together have sequential serial numbers. Are speakers tuned as a pair at the factory? Don't laugh, I am new to audiophile equipment and don't want to make a mistake out the gate. The customer is also perplexed as she remembers the speakers being drop shipped from Wilson. Wilson only has record of her being shipped one speaker. Any ideas or recommendations when I inspect the speakers?

I was thinking that the dealer, no longer in business, might have sold one as a center channel and just need one more to complete a pair. I am mostly concerned with similar sound from both speakers. I will be auditioning the speakers in a far less than ideal environment with it will be impossible to discern detail.

Thanks

·
Registered
765 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Don Giberson
Subject to inspection, I have committed to buy a pair of Wilson Watt Puppy 6s. My concern is this. The serial numbers are separated by over 400. According to Wilson, pairs of speakers sold together have sequential serial numbers. Are speakers tuned as a pair at the factory? Don't laugh, I am new to audiophile equipment and don't want to make a mistake out the gate. The customer is also perplexed as she remembers the speakers being drop shipped from Wilson. Wilson only has record of her being shipped one speaker. Any ideas or recommendations when I inspect the speakers?

I was thinking that the dealer, no longer in business, might have sold one as a center channel and just need one more to complete a pair. I am mostly concerned with similar sound from both speakers. I will be auditioning the speakers in a far less than ideal environment with it will be impossible to discern detail.

Thanks
While reading my first instinct was same as yours, someone may have bought a pair and a center. That said, pairs are usually sequential.

Call Wilson, they may give you the history. Even if they refuse to give you the full history, they should be willing to tell you if they were sold to the same dealer at about the same time, in which case you can be reasonably confident that they are the same build version, similar age, etc. and not two from separate pairs put together due to some mishap.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.