AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
my theater room has black walls and black carpet. i just bougt the wilsonart laminate board. is it still necessary to put a black border around the screen? thanks in advance for any response.

·
Registered
69 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rd7723 /forum/post/0

my theater room has black walls and black carpet. i just bougt the wilsonart laminate board. is it still necessary to put a black border around the screen? thanks in advance for any response.

I think it depends on what look you are going for. Depending on your screen size, if you're able to make a clean, straight cut on the DW, then it may look good without a border if it backed to a black wall. It would be a simplified look though.

One reason that people put borders around their screen is for light overspill. The fabric used on most borders helps absorb that light so it's not noticeable. A regularly painted black wall may show the overspill.

Also, a border gives a clean, polished look to your screen, but ultimately it's up to you to what type of look you are going for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.