AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am considering moving from Keizer to Wilsonville (just North of Fry's) and am wondering if a RS Double Bow Tie will be sufficient? I have a Dish 6000 and currently use a RS 120" UHF/VHF combo and get very good reception in Keizer. I would prefer to not have to mount a big, herkin antenna when I move.

Thanks,

Darrell

·
Registered
1,273 Posts
Well, for starters, you don't need the VHF portion. The PAX station is supposed use channel 4 when it starts broatcasting, but low-band VHF propagates so well you can probably get away with a small antenna. Even in my bad location, I get Ch. 2 & 6 easily; I could even get that low-power channel 4 Reedville station when they were broadcasting.

You can see the towers from Wilsonville if you're in the right location. So I bet the Double Bow Tie would work, unless you've got local terrain issues at your particular location.

·
Registered
983 Posts
Darrell,

The double bow-tie is probably not enough from Wilsonville, especially if you are behing the ridge of trees north of Fry's (Bullwinkle's area). An outdoor Quad Bow-Tie or a medium sized Yagi (VHF-UHF) should work pretty good though.

Lee

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks, Lee.

·
Registered
4,975 Posts
You might consider mounting a smaller antenna in your new attic (if the place has one). Out of sight, out of mind and not bothered by wind etc so it needs no tethering or readjusting. I've got mine up there and it works great. If you ever need to do anything with it it's out of the elements and you've got a flat surface to stand on too :).

ron

·
Registered
3,161 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The new place does have an attic, that's where I have my current antenna. I'll probably drop the VHF part and just remount the UHF.

Thanks for your feedback.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.