AVS Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I scheduled win 7mc to record a tv program. After it has done recording, it will not go to sleep. I have to manually put the pc back to sleep. Anyone has any solution? Do I need to exit MC before I put the PC to sleep?

·
Registered
266 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotelmania /forum/post/17049986

Do I need to exit MC before I put the PC to sleep?

The only solution I have found is to exit out of MC before the scheduled recording. The recording will still be executed in the background and sleep then works for me. I've yet to be able to have the HTPC sleep while within MC. I've tried the 12+ "proposed" solutions Ive seen and this in the only way I've been able to resolve it.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Unfortunately, I have never gotten Win 7 to properly go into and come out of Sleep or Hibernation more than twice before crashing. Hopefully the full version next month will have corrected this. Vista worked perfect for my HTPC recording schedule turning on and off with no problems. This is my only grip with Win 7 right now.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotelmania /forum/post/17051124

will this work with win 7? I heard that it is still has a lot of bug with win7

this works perfect for me in win7, solved all my problems.

I tried disabling the network devices from waking at first, but still had some problems, this utility fixed all those.

I am confidant that everytime my pc is awake, i am either using it or it is recording, it is sleeping ebery other time.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal55 /forum/post/17052180

Unfortunately, I have never gotten Win 7 to properly go into and come out of Sleep or Hibernation more than twice before crashing. Hopefully the full version next month will have corrected this. Vista worked perfect for my HTPC recording schedule turning on and off with no problems. This is my only grip with Win 7 right now.

Which version that you use that causes the crash after more than twice? Mike_311 said that he had no problem running the software. Mike_311 what version are you using?

·
Registered
2,890 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotelmania /forum/post/17052779

Which version that you use that causes the crash after more than twice? Mike_311 said that he had no problem running the software. Mike_311 what version are you using?

not sure which version of the program, i have to check when i get home,, but its the win7 rc.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackal55 /forum/post/17052869

I'm using RC7100.

so It is not the free software that causes the crash on your system? I do found that if I put my computer to sleep and accidentally I move the mouse when it tries to sleep, the computer will get stuck and not go into sleep. It did not awake either. The monitor show no input signal detected and the computer is still running. Has anyone experience this?

·
Registered
443 Posts
I've experienced some many odd things when trying to put Win7 to sleep. BSOD, not waking up at all, never going to sleep, looping reboot about dumping bad ram something or another. So I just turned off all of the Sleep features and run it in the On state.

But I don't want to do that once the TV season starts so I just down loaded that Slick Solutions. I'll try it when I get home tonight.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_311 /forum/post/17052185

this works perfect for me in win7, solved all my problems.

I tried disabling the network devices from waking at first, but still had some problems, this utility fixed all those.

I am confidant that everytime my pc is awake, i am either using it or it is recording, it is sleeping ebery other time.

did it awake when Media center run the automatic update? Can you turn it off using slick solution? Is the S3 sleep state the same as hybrid sleep?

·
Registered
2,890 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotelmania /forum/post/17052985

did it awake when Media center run the automatic update? Can you turn it off using slick solution? Is the S3 sleep state the same as hybrid sleep?

yes it wakes for updates as well, i use s3 + hybrid sleep mode.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_311 /forum/post/17053069

yes it wakes for updates as well, i use s3 + hybrid sleep mode.

slicksolution does not work well for me. It works putting win 7 to sleep after recording has finished. but when I wake it up, I get message about the graphic may not work with tv & video and it need 64MB memory on graphic card. My graphic has 1gb memory so I do not know why I get the message.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotelmania /forum/post/17057298

slicksolution does not work well for me. It works putting win 7 to sleep after recording has finished. but when I wake it up, I get message about the graphic may not work with tv & video and it need 64MB memory on graphic card. My graphic has 1gb memory so I do not know why I get the message.

i think thats a win7 video driver problem, make sure the memory is set correctly in the bios.

you can ignore the error.

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_311 /forum/post/17057325

i think thats a win7 video driver problem, make sure the memory is set correctly in the bios.

you can ignore the error.

I have never had this problem before I installed slick solutions. I do not know how to check it in bios to see the memory setting for graphic card. When I click on my ati catalyst control, I can see that win 7 recognize my 1gb graphic card. thansk

·
Registered
2,890 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotelmania /forum/post/17057391

I have never had this problem before I installed slick solutions. I do not know how to check it in bios to see the memory setting for graphic card. When I click on my ati catalyst control, I can see that win 7 recognize my 1gb graphic card. thansk

i have intel graphics and i had this problem before i installed the program, with some research i found that it may be caused my crappy video drivers and returning from sleep mode is one of them.

since it is integrated i have to check the bios to see how much memory is dedicated to video, i wrongly assumed you were having the same issue.

EDIT: on a side note, i was reinstalling some new video driver and have apparently broken the slicksolutions program... must be related somehow...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.