AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed WIN XP SP2 5.01.2462 on my PC, installed the Win2K Hoontech Digital XG Drivers, installed the ATI 5.13.1.3116 Radeon WIN2K drivers. Finally I installed the ATI MMC 7.1.

As you have probably guessed I cannot get the DD passthrough to work. I get stereo Prologic out of the spdif. I have tried the standard registry changes which worked in Win ME but no luck in XP. I also tried using DVD Genie with the settings found in several posts but that has not helped.

Has anyone been able to get DD passthrough to work with XP?

John

·
Registered
1,681 Posts
Quick clarification:

Which do you have XP b2 or 2k sp2?

·
Registered
15 Posts
John,

I'm having the same problem, logic works fine using the SPID but not DD or DTS. All works fine in WinMe but not XP beta 2. I think XP is great especially the Media Player 8. I just hope I can get it to work because this is definitely a show stopper. Let me know if you solve the problem and I'll do the same.

------------------

Andrew Espinosa

·
Registered
130 Posts
I couldn't get DD through ATI Player in WinXP 2462 either. I didn't try really hard though as PowerDvd VR-X appeared to look just as good to me. I seemed to have gotten a major improvement going from my Geforce 2-MX to the Radeon LE, regardless of which player I use. I think WinXP provides a better/sharper image than WinMe and Windows 98 as well. I can't confirm this, it just seemed to be better after installing XP, before I switched the Geforce out for the Radeon.

I love Windows XP. Working with beta 2 rev. 2465 right now and could never go back to WinMe or Windows 98. It does crash from time to time, but has always recovered itself. It appears to me to be a little on the slow side. If I go to a simple desktop theme, it runs really fast. But I like the appearance with the XP theme enough to take a slight performance hit. I did turn off all of the animations and funky fading, sliding Menu's, which helped some.

PowerDvd 3.0 and VR-X work flawlessly in WinXP. DD and DTS.

Jack

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Quote:
PowerDvd 3.0 and VR-X work flawlessly in WinXP. DD and DTS.
What soundcard are you using? Have you tried WinDVD? I had heard that the SPDIF passthrough was still broken in beta2.

Jeff

·
Registered
130 Posts
I am using a SoundBlaster Live Platinum 5.1. I do own WinDVD. Had it installed, but couldn't get DD pass thru to work. Again, I didn't try hard as I like PowerDvd better and couldn't see a difference in Video quality.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I've been dinking with Windows 2000 SP2beta and recently with Windows XP Professional beta2 for about 5 weeks and have found them to behave identically, which makes sense as XP is the next version of 2K. That's with a Radeon LE and AP 2496. Except the XP desktop artifacts with the build 3102 ATI drivers. I don't do DTS and haven't tried PowerDVD3 with 2K/XP, but DD passthrough works for me with ATI DVD 4.1, PowerDVD 2.55 build 0620, and WinDVD 2000 2.6.4.

I'm not saying DD passthrough works well, but it IS indeed working consistently and on everything I've tried it with. However I'm one of those getting massive as-of-yet-unsolved studdering of video and/or audio when outputting through SPDIF, which I'm planning to document in a thread started by Dufe.

------------------

Brian Ness

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.