AVS Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm thinking of going with two different generations of HT OSes here. Right now, I have Win XP MCE 2005 on my HT rig right now, with a 500GB Seagate. On top of that, instead of flat out upgrading to Vista Home Premium, I thought I'd just buy an OEM copy of Vista Ultimate or Home Premium, or whatever else, and just slap that onto a second hard drive, like maybe another 500GB. I'm wondering if it's better to have a dual-boot, or if I really should go with an upgrade to Vista Home Premium. Should I trust Vista just yet? Think it's more stable than it was a year ago?

·
Registered
2,488 Posts
Vista was never unstable, not that I know of anyway. It does have it's problems here and there but most of them are now solved, yes; and, with the soon-to-be-released SP1, you shouldn't have to worry about it.

I wouldn't bother running both OSes, one is good enough; but if you want to try Vista out to begin with, it's a good idea. I'm pretty sure once you use Vista for a little while (once you disable UAC and the other security garbage they've spammed it with) you'll like it a lot better than XP

·
Registered
2,896 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
All right, I'll run the Upgrade Advisor and see if (well, I already know that the hardware's kosher, since I just built my rig about a month or two ago), but on the software end, I better hope that the software end'll be okay, especially the drivers.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts