Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
124 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hi everyone

I am running win98se with windvd 3.0 .. pretty happy with the picture ..but the sound is so .. so and was wondering if I upgrade to win xp and powerdvd xp 4.0 will it make it better picture quality wise or is it just a marginal improvement??

currently using win 98se with radeon ve and windvd 3.0

thanks

Zee

·
Registered
139 Posts
Upgrading your operating system won´t do anything about the sound, PowerDVD XP runs just fine WITHOUT WinXP. Upgrading the player software can do wonders in your case, I found the new PDVD XP sound to be en par with the output from my WinDVD 3.0DTS version.

·
Registered
653 Posts
Zee, have you read the threads about the TheaterTek player? You may want to consider that as well. Both sound and video should be very good. As for whether WinXP will give you better PQ with PowerDVD XP, I don't know. I am not sure what an OS could offer beyond what is already in the ATI Player. You would think that the ATI Player would take full advantage of the hardware since it is made by ATI. In addition, DXVA is supposedly a part of DirectX, which can be installed on any of the Windows OSes. But I will defer to people who have actually tried the combination. For me, the ridiculous registration/licensing policy of WinXP is a deal killer.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Status
Not open for further replies.