AVS Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an old Audigy 1 platinum soundcard with the front drive. I'm trying to use it in my HTPC which is running Windows 7. Using the optical out on the drive bay output, I cannot seem to get more than 2 channel output from a DVD source.

There is a notable issue with the driver posted by creative, if I try to run DTS from windows media player/center I get distortion. I thought SPDIF passthrough would mean the drivers don't matter but apparently that's not the case. (Does anyone know if the Audigy 1 supports DTS, Dolby Digital and so-on?)

This is my first htpc so I don't have much experience here but I have read multiple walkthroughs. Using both AC3Filter and ffd audio set to spdif passthrough with media player classic I am getting only the 2 channel audio. I am sure my receiver can support 5.1 dolby and DTS. I'm pretty sure the software is set correctly; the receiver is getting a signal from the spdif output, just not a 5.1 signal. The DVD is the new Lord of the Rings so I'm sure it has DTS output.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts