AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A new update has been posted on Nullsoft's Winamp page ( http://classic.winamp.com )

Some of the new features:

Hot new default skin, done by none other than the evil robot turned good, Steve Gedikian
Added integrated full featured video support (NSV and DirectShow (AVI, ASf, MPEG, etc.))
Added library (complete with media database, shoutcast listing, playlist editing, CD listing, mass tag editting, plugin API for portable devices, and more!)

Updated Winamp's window docking code to be more robust/extensible - made AVS dock use this new API

Updated PCM equalizer with code from 4Front Technologies/George Yohng. Quality is a lot better

Updated equalizer default skin to show the true +12db/-12db range (the 20db was a veeery old typo)

A ton of new WM_WA_IPC API calls

- general purpose plugin window support

- extended metadata system for getting more than just title/length of items

- lots of exposed features via IPC

Updated to PP's latest input and output plugins

Focus/Z order change on window close related bugfixes

Added track numbers and song lengths in HTML generated playlists

Removed all ATL code, shoved EXE size by 20kb :)

Added digital audio extraction in in_cdda.dll (needs WNASPI32.DLL under Windows 9x/ME)

Added Alt+M shortcut for minimizing Winamp

Added Ctrl+(Keypad +)/Ctrl+(Keypad -) shortcuts in playlist editor for changing font size

Fixed stop after current menu item trash related bug

Added ultravox support for in_mp3

Made in_mp3 not display 'unknown X' for empty id3 tags

Installer uses leet new NSIS 2.0b3

Improvements to the setup process

Made the keep on screen code multimonitor smart and better

Fixed a tooltips error in Winamp's systray icons

...and TONS more! (new SDKs will be posted soon)

The new library works very well, making it much easier to manage large amounts of music.

Highly recommended.

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Thank goodness they have back-ported some of the useful features of Winamp 3 to 2.X. I love the integrated Shoutcast listing, thats about the only feature I really wanted from Winamp 3.

·
Registered
18,993 Posts
One majorly annoying feature-

Copy protection for shoutcast streams, which also blocks kernel streaming playback! D'oh!

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally posted by yogaman
Pardon my ignorance, but why is 2.x preferred over 3.0 by some?

-yogaman
There are made many advanced plugins for Winamp 2.x, which isn't available for v3.

Also, I'm used to the interface of Winamp 2, and find it very easy to use.

It's smaller and uses less resources.

That's some of the reasons. :)

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
Quote:
Pardon my ignorance, but why is 2.x preferred over 3.0 by some?
Because Winamp3 is a bloated piece of crap, and doesn't have near the plugin support that Winamp2 does.

·
Registered
1,580 Posts
Very cool, I'm so used to musicmatch. I tried winamp a while back and it sucked but this version is really pretty good. I have LCDC and a VFD display, does anyone know if this will work with LCDC?

·
Registered
219 Posts
I am also a musicmatch user. I've looked at winamp several times and haven't found it very straight forward. I think it's biggest weakness for a winamp newbie is its shear # of plugins. And on the flip side, I believe its biggest strength to veteran users is the # of plugins.

Maybe its time I try it again. Can someone list the most popular plugins and what they are?

·
Registered
5 Posts
for input use mad plugin and for output use asio out...if your card supports asio...else stick with the ssrc direct sound or wave out with triangular noise shaping enabled ;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.