AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking for some info on the impact of SP 2 upon Bluetooth.

From what I've read, SP2's added something to XP that makes installing preSP2 Bluetooth software (such as logitech's) difficult. In my case, I've had difficulties with the software for Logitech's Di Novo keyboard/mouse/media pad. And sometimes I have to reconnect my keyboard to the computer (though, strangely, not my mouse or media pad).

So I'm hoping you will have some info on what exactly SP2 changed in XP re Bluetooth, and what we should do to get around this.

Thanks

·
Registered
2,425 Posts
I have the exact same problem with the keyboard, I even have to reconnect my pad every once in a while. I do not now what changes SP2 made but I hope Logitech patches the problem soon. I think it might have to do with the hibernation because I seem to have most of the keyboard connect problems after the system has been idle a while.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
I've had the same problem and actually posted about this problem very recently... though I had no responses.

I have the Bluetooth MX combo and I have the same problem with the keyboard losing connection after sitting for any length of time but not the mouse. It did begin to happen around the time I went to SP2.

·
Registered
293 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Odd, I'm running a Logitech Bluetooth Cordless Elite (the one that's not the Nuvo) and have had no issues with it. Well in the last two weeks that I've installed SP2, at least. Then again, I did download the newest Logitech drivers when I installed SP2, as well.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It's funny that the info on Logitech's web site also states that this is a problem. But their fix is completely different from the one in the MS knolwedge base.

You would have thought that Logitech could have gotten MS to incorporate their Bluetooth "radio" into SP2. Perhaps since Logitech and MS are competitors in the keyboard/mice/etc. markets, communication is problem.

Anyway, this thing is annoying. Everyonce and a while I have to resynch my keyboard with the PC. Never the mouse though. I'm going to have to break down and figure out the fix for this.

·
Registered
2,286 Posts
Please let us know when you figure it out because I have to resynch often and it's annoying... that's after installing the latest Logitech drivers. In device manager both mouse and keyboard drivers are listed as "Logitech" drivers so it doesn't seem that the MS drivers are to blame... but then I just don't really know!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
After being on hold with Logitech Tech Support for 45 minutes today, I finally got through and talked to someone who knew very little about this. I did give him an ear full about how irritating it was that they're telling us we have to go buy a wired keyboard to use to get their very expensive bluetooth keyboard working again. "Well, we assume people still have their original key board" he said.

"Well, I frigging don't", I told him, " and after spending over $200 for your piece of shiat, I'm pretty pissed it doesn't work."

Did absolutely no good, but I felt a little better.

If anyones has tried installing the registry patch per Logitech's instructions I'd be interested in how that went. I'm going to have to wait till next weekend, when I can borrow my wired keyboard from work, to see if I can try their fix. Bleh!

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Go to their tech support section, look under wireless keyboards. It's right in there. Tells you to download their setpoint and a registry patch, then install the setpoint software, but b4 rebooting, install the reg patch. While it doesn't say what to do after rebooting, it indicates that a wired keyboard will be needed after the reboot.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.