AVS Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
622 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I go to www.antennaweb.org, they suggest I get a Winegard GS1000.

I have not seen anyone suggest using this model or the amplified GS2000 for HDTV. Has anyone tried it?

Chuck

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Quote:
Originally posted by Chuck666:
When I go to www.antennaweb.org, they suggest I get a Winegard GS1000.

I have not seen anyone suggest using this model or the amplified GS2000 for HDTV. Has anyone tried it?

Chuck
I reviewed the GS1000 for etown.com (before their demise) and it worked surprisingly well at receiving watchable video from local, low powered repeater/translators. It actually had signficant directivity although it appears to be only a dipole. If you live fairly close to DTV transmitters and your multipath isn't too severe, I'd judge it would suffice. It would be worthwhile to have a return previlege..just in case.

·
Registered
209 Posts
i received one last week. walking it around my porch, i was able to use it to get a 90 signal strength for KYW-DT, whereas the most i have been able to get until now is about 50 using the silver sensor and/or RS double bowtie.

I am hopeful that I can find a location which lets me also bring in the rest of the philly digital stations, but I haven't had a chance to really play with the antenna yet, nor mount it permanently on my porch.

One thing is certain: my location is a maze for RF. moving the antenna up or down by 6-12 inches was enough to drop reception from 90 to 20. It's going to be a long, slow process, that's for sure.

dinesh

------------------

DVI/HDCP sucks. DFAST sucks. Boycott JVC.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.