AVS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,

I have a Windows 7 PC going into a Yamaha RX-V773 receiver. The receiver then connects to an LG plasma TV. All connections are HDMI. I'd like to be able to start some streaming audio on the Windows PC and then turn off the LG TV but still get audio playing through the receiver. However, every time I turn off the TV Windows stops recognizing that it is connected to anything and stops outputting audio. Does anyone know how to fix this? I've looked through many of the Windows settings and I can't find anything. Frustratingly, my Google-foo has failed to find a way to fix this.

I'm using an ATI Radeon HD 5450 with Windows drivers.

Many thanks!

·
Registered
1,112 Posts
I'm able to do this on my denon connected to Sony TV.
I have no problems doing this with my Pioneer SC-25 and Panasonic Plasma. When I first turn the TV off I will lose audio for about 5 seconds and then it syncs back up and works fine, I am using KODI as my front end in Windows.

Bill

·
Registered
54 Posts
The TV shouldn't have any bearing on the audio signal coming from the PC into the receiver. If you start media streaming from the PC, leave it playing, and turn your receiver on and off if it's not working. Def check the CEC controls.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts