AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am having intermittent recording failures. Error messages say the tuners aren't available. I have an htpc with Windows 7 Home Premium. There is an Avermedia dual analogue/digital pci express tuner in the pc, and a silicone dust dual network tuner on the network. I'm not using the analogue tuner. The digital tuner in the pc is using an over the air antenna for digital tv. One tuner on the hd homerun tuner is set for over - the - air broadcasts, and the other is being used for cable QAM. So, media center is configuered to use these 3 digital tuners. No other computers were actively accessing the network tuners when the failures occured.

What could be causing the tuners to be "unavailable" to Windows Media Center resulting in recording failures and what might I do to resolve the problem.

·
Registered
148 Posts
The silicondust forum has useful information here .

·
Registered
3,653 Posts
I may be wrong but I think that Media Center only supports 2 tuners "out of the box" and you have to kinda hack it to get it to support more. I'm not 100% though.

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
curious as to your video card, i have been having a similar issue and i believe its caused by video drivers conflicting with my tuner card (and causing sleep crashes), because i get different results based on which driver version i use... one specific version wont even let me watch live tv, the pc just hangs.

·
Registered
164 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by bonscott87 /forum/post/18152308

I may be wrong but I think that Media Center only supports 2 tuners "out of the box" and you have to kinda hack it to get it to support more. I'm not 100% though.

Windows 7 MC supports up to 4 tuners by default.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I was thinking of getting replacing the tuners with the Averamedia duet hd card (2 HD tuners, one antenna connector) and just use one source (either antenna or cable) for the 2 tuners to see if that resolves the problem. But I'd rather know what I'm doing rather than just doing trial and error until I hit on something that works.

·
Banned
7,964 Posts
If it is an AverMedia 780 tuner, go here and grab their drivers:

http://www.avermedia-usa.com/AVerTV/...5&tab=APDriver

They are new as of the middle of January.

I was having the exact same issue as you (running a HDHomeRun and an AverMedia 780 dual analog / digital tuner) where it would say there was no tuner found.

Also, if you have not done so, grab the latest drivers from HDHomeRun.

http://www.hdhomerun.com/downloads

It includes both driver updates and firmware updates for the HDHomeRun, new as of Feb 13.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.