AVS Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,890 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
when i use the official netflix plug in, its seems as if it takes forever for the submenu to load. for instance if i change my category to tv, it just sits at the loading screen. if i were to switch to say independent or documentary, it just sits and sits while it loads, i let it sit for more than 10 mins and it never loaded the thumbnails to choose from.

once a movie starts it loads and plays fine without any lagging.

has anyone else experienced any issues? Do i need to clean out some sort of cache file?

·
Registered
837 Posts
Yup I have the same problems. Not sure about 10 mins though. Seems like 4-5 mins max. Sometimes I think it's easier to exit and reopen. I'm assuming it has to do with something on their end and slow network as I don't think it has the movies on our machines since they update it so much.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts
I've had issues with the Netflix plugin on Win7 MC as well, but I don't think it is Netflix. On the same machine with the same connection my access times are fine using MediaPortal.

·
Registered
837 Posts
on media portal is it a plugin just like netflix? I think the plugin does something weird and is just slow. It almost seems like it's downloading everything then lets you see it.

·
Registered
1,974 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinm0424 /forum/post/18294905

on media portal is it a plugin just like netflix? I think the plugin does something weird and is just slow. It almost seems like it's downloading everything then lets you see it.

Yes it is a plugin in MediaPortal too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts