AVS Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone installed KB2775511 on their HTPC? It's a rollup that's meant to fix over 90 issues in Windows 7 SP1 (I guess MS really don't have any plans for an SP2 then).

Anyway, install is straightforward, and I didn't have any initial problems, but WMC just doesn't feel as smooth any more. There's some odd pauses and delays now, and live TV takes longer to get going. I've also noticed that in my Recorded TV folder (dedicated disk), I see that some recordings no longer show a time-stamp in Explorer view (it is visible when you look at the recording properties though), and other recordings show with a 0Kb size (they play fine though). I was trying to delete a recording in WMC last night, and WMC just hung for 30s and did nothing. Tried again, and the same thing. I had to delete the recording through Explorer in the end.

Anyway, I'm likely to uninstall this 'fix' very soon on my HTPC. It didn't cause any issues on my desktop PC, but I'm wondering if anyone else has installed this and experienced any problems in WMC? I just have a niggling fealing that WMC testing wouldn't have been high on MS's priority list before this update was released.

·
Registered
981 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
This update was slipped out by MS outside of the normal monthly update cycle, and is the first major fix release they've done for Windows 7 since SP1. It addresses a lot of problems, and on my desktop PC I noticed a big improvement in boot speed and SMB performance amongst other things, but in WMC it seems to have caused some performance issues.

Anyway, I guess from this not only has no-one else installed it, but many haven't even heard of it. Here's the link if anyone is interested. It is labelled as an 'enterprise' fix, but works fine on any version of Windows 7 SP1.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts