AVS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've install Windows 7 RTM and it works fine and all, but it won't let me clone my PC display and my TV display and keep their sperate resolutions (pc is something by 1650 and the HD TV should be 1920x1080) ... it usually defaults to the PC resolution. In Vista and XP, I was able to clone and keep seperate resolutions.

I don't really don't want to use extended display, but even there, I can't seem to move stuff over to the 2nd Half.

I need to watch TV on my TV thru my PC. TIA

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
You can't clone a dog to be a cat and you can't clone one video resoluition to be another.

Just drag and drop copies of the Icons you want from your primary display to your secondary display in extended desktop and then you can start their programs from either display.

·
Registered
25 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by walford /forum/post/16981686

You can't clone a dog to be a cat and you can't clone one video resoluition to be another.

Just drag and drop copies of the Icons you want from your primary display to your secondary display in extended desktop and then you can start their programs from either display.

I don't know how you did it in XP/Vista, but yeah, one resolution must rule them all.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
What were you doing in XP? Mirror = Clone and both must have the same resolution. If you picked extended then each can have their own resolution but then the displays will not be cloned. The problem is we do not know/understand what you were doing before. Can you please try explaining it a little more clearly?

BB

·
Registered
250 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I had two monitors, actually a monitor and a TV

They both mirrored each other

and they both had their own resolution

I'm certain of this (in VIsta and XP) .........

·
Registered
16,749 Posts
If you were in clone mode then the secondary montor was sent the resoluiton of the primary monitor and not what you might have had the resoluiton of the secondary monitor set to. Clone mode ignores the resolution setting of the secondary monitor.

·
Registered
1,375 Posts
So you changed your TV and OS at the same time? What resolution were you running before?

BB

1 - 11 of 11 Posts