AVS Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I was wondering if it was possible to make my windows desktop on my htpc to display in just a 16:9 resolution. I think I have to do something with powerstrip and maybe make some registry changes but I'm just not quite sure. I have a 4:3 lc-75u (1024X768 native resolution) projector and a ati 9000 card. I had been running in full screen just displaying on my wall but recently I was inspired to make a screen and I decided to have it be 16:9 due to the limits of some of the fabric I used and because I use the htpc for basically just movies or a ps2 game I can run in widescreen. Now that I have gotten the screen built I'm having trouble with the fact that the displayed picture is going off the screen on the top and bottom and I would like it to fit in the middle. Any help would be appreciated. I tried searching for the answer but just can't seem to find it, I know I've seen it before but I wasn't in need of until now (now that I have the screen built). Also btw, thanks to everyone out there that has given so much help.

·
Registered
697 Posts
use zoom player.

but you must have one of the standard dvd player software like windvd or power dvd installed in your computer.

because zoom player uses other player `s filters.

then you could adjust aspect ratio for the screen displayed. thats for dvd`s movies.

as far desktop to be played as 16:9 , i think i did it once but i`m not sure which resolution was that, 720p or 540p not sure . i`ll try it this week i`ll let you know,

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.