AVS Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry guys, I am having 1 more issue right now. This has to do with Windows and my TV. Basically it seems that the Windows Desktop is too big for the TV. The date is cut off as well as the Start menu.

Before i installed the display drivers, the resolution was huge, but it fit perfectly as it should. After i installed all the drivers, the resolution was fine (1080) but it was cut off. Anyone know how to fix this?

My equipment is:

Panasonic Plasma
Intel i5 w/integrated graphics (i believe HD4600)
Connect to Plasma w/HDMI cable

Thanks again

·
Registered
1,199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
that did it lowtech1. Thanks!

·
Registered
343 Posts
I have a Panasonic plasma too. Under the HDMI settings there is Size 1 and Size 2. All of my other HDMI gear is Size 1 for 1:1 pixel mapping but my HTPC needs Size 2. Since I run everything through an AVR I used the Intel HD Graphics control panel to resize the image to properly fit. FWIW, even on test patterns I couldn't see a difference with the PC image resized vs. using a separate HDMI input and letting the TV map the correct size.

·
Registered
414 Posts
On my Sammy, it was something silly: I go to my TV menu setting and changed the HDMI label to "PC" and that did it! I found it on the Internet, it's not mentioned in any Sammy doc. Go figure.
Oy! I did that on mine and it had a horrible blurry picture. It was like it enabled some automatic processing settings, disabled other settings, and otherwise buggered up the picture. I had read one comment that said it optimizes the picture for gaming instead of video.

A better solution is to rename the input to anything without the word "PC" in it and go to Picture Options and under Size, set it to "Just Fit".

·
Registered
3,121 Posts
If you can fix it on the TV by selecting "Just Scan" or "1:1" or whatever it's called on your TV, it's better than having the HTPC scale the picture.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts